WAB President’s Award
The WAB President's award (3000 €) recognizes the participation of a young veterinarian presenter at the World Buiatrics Congress (oral or poster).
- The candidate must register for the award when submitting his or her presentation at the World Buiatrics Congress 2020 in Madrid.
- The candidate must:
- be a veterinarian
- be 35 years of age or younger (on January 1st of the year of the Congress)
- agree to attend the next World Buiatrics Congress (WBC)
Application deadline: August 10th, 2022.Application form
The Gustav Rosenberger Memorial Fund
The Gustav Rosenberger Memorial Fund provides an annual grant of €10.000 to a young and promising veterinarian, preferably from a country or area with suboptimal possibilities and is sponsored by MSD Animal Health. The application form can be filled online.
Application deadline: May 31st 2022.
The Ruminant Well-being Awards
Nominations for the Ruminant Well-being Awards, sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The Ruminant Well-being Awards will be granted at the next World Buiatrics Congress to be held in Madrid, Spain (4-8 September 2022).
Two different awards will be offered:
- a Ruminant Well-being Research Award
- a Ruminant Well-being Achievement Award
With these awards, the World Association for Buiatrics (WAB) and Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health aim to raise public awareness of the important role veterinarians play in overseeing and improving ruminant well-being.
Each Award will be comprised of a €10,000 cash award, plus reimbursement of travel expenses of the recipient to the World Buiatrics Conference, where the Award Ceremony will be held.
Application deadline: April 29th, 2022
BVDzero Scholarship Programme
Boehringer Ingelheim grants a BVDzero scholarship of 1,000 euros to each selected 10 students worldwide. The company aims to increase bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) awareness among veterinary students. This initiative is implemented in collaboration with the World Association for Buiatrics.
Through the BVDzero Scholarship Programme, Boehringer Ingelheim aims to create awareness of BVD in veterinary students. In addition, the company believes that such initiatives will help increase BVD awareness in general and, as a result, help reduce its prevalence.
- Scholarship criteria
- As part of this programme, the BVDzero Committee, in collaboration with a representative of the World Association for Buiatrics, will identify outstanding veterinary students from around the world who can help address the ever-changing industry and the health, food, and welfare needs of the veterinary community.
- The award
- There will be 10 student scholarships of 1,000 euro awarded to each student.
- Each scholarship winner will also receive an entry ticket (registration) to and accommodation at the upcoming World Buiatrics Congress.
Special award “Carlos Díaz de Pablo” to the best Scientific Abstract on reproduction at WBC 2022
Special award “Carlos Díaz de Pablo”, sponsored by Fatro Ibérica.
Special award in memory of our dear companion Carlos Díaz de Pablo who, as many of you know, lived this profession intensely from his field of work, the bovine reproduction. Therefore, this award in his honor wants to recognize the best abstract on this topic.
In order to stimulate the participation in the oral presentations’ section and reward the efforts of the peers who present them, we award this special prize in memory of our companion Carlos Díaz de Pablo.
The following points will be taking into account for the assessment of the abstracts:
- Scientific rigor
- Work invested
- Practical application
- Topicality and originality
- Clarity and rigor of the submitted documents
- Exposition and presentation
Finalists will be requested to attend the Closing Ceremony of the congress where the result of the contest will be notified.
Prize = 300€ to the author appointed by the special jury
Prizes will be subject to legal deductions, in effect at the date of reimbursement.